thrift store find - an owl statue!

before & after

 I got this owl at Goodwill the other day. It was only a couple of dollars and I thought it had
lots of potential. It just needed to leave the brown behind.
I spray painted it white (Valspar white in gloss).

Look at this similar one
From West Elm ($99).
check it out here.
Cute white owl bookends!
Check them out at Barnes & Noble.


Owl nightlight from Mod Cloth.


I love this white owl figurine from Heliotrope.
It's only $15!You can't beat that.

I've added him to the other white birds on the mantle.
I didn't mean for their to be a theme going on ...
but I realized yesterday that I have so many white bird figurines.
I think I might just go with this idea :)

Weekend Bloggy Reading



Stuff and Nonsense

Comments

  1. I love your white owl. A while back I saw a similar one converted into a lamp which was really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owls are so hot right now! I love what white spray paint has done for your thrift store find- it looks fantastic on your mantel. I think the owl nightlight is very cute. I'd like to own him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! love the heliotrope owl - so stylish. Thank you for sharing! xoxo michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love owls! good eye, and good find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you please share your creative posts at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! So amazing! I love goodwill for that reason. And you can spray paint anything white and it will look amazeballs. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found the same exact owl at a thrift store tonight! Googled it and found your page. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts