a peacock in my living room



Some of ya'll might kill me for having painted this...

I bought this huge wall hanging of a peacock at a flea market recently for $5.
I'm absolutely in love with it!

Here it is in all its' original glory.
I liked it as is...but at the same time...
I dunno. It looked sort of stuck in another century.
So I spray painted it gloss white.

and hung it over the mantle.
My living room is NOWHERE near done.
Please don't judge my puny looking mantle.
It's waaay too small for our massive stone fire place.
I have big plans for it.
Think: raising the mantle and some built in bookcases.
Oh Caaallleebbb....


Wednesday I had the privilege of munching some Greek food with my
mom and sister.
My sister just got engaged this week (!!!) to an awesome Irish man.
So while us girls were out running errands in Winston Salem, NC we stopped at our
favorite Greek place The Grecian Corner.

Their gyro's (pronounced YEAR-O) are amazingly yummy!

and you've never tasted better sweet potato chips!
Yum! They serve them with a ranch dipping sauce.
and that's what I've been up to lately :)


Comments

  1. I just love your find! You made such a good design decision too... What a stand out focal point. Yeah, I'm jealous! :)

    If you want to push your peacock theme a bit more, you might want to check out this post I've just published on a living room design built around peacock curtains.

    http://www.saffronmarigold.com/blog/peacock-feather-curtains-ideas-for-living-room-decor/

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts