New Dining Room Art


I've had this vintage 1930's Celluloid picture frame sitting
empty since my parents bought it for me about 10 years ago.

It's got a grooved Celluloid frame with a painted gold rim and then
a reverse painted black area followed by a mirrored ring.
I cleaned it up today and taped off the gold ring.
Then I spray painted the frame a crisp white to match the dining room.

Next, I printed off a vintage graphic of a peacock (found here) from The Graphics Fairy site.
I printed it on some metallic silver paper I had in my craft room.
I'm so happy with how it all came out!
Caleb was a sweetheart and hung it up for me after he got home from work tonight.

Before:



Sorry the pics are so bad ya'll, but the metallic paint on the walls of our dining room does weird things to the pictures I take in there. But I think ya'll get the idea of what it looks like.





The Graphics Fairy

Comments

Popular Posts