Vanilla Granola



I love granola, but I'm so picky about what's in it. Therefore, I enjoy making my own.
I have two favorite granola recipes that I enjoy making; a peanut butter granola that my sisters-in-law have shared with me and a vanilla granola recipe that I've been making for a few years now.

A few days ago I made the vanilla one. It makes the house smell so good! Caleb came home and ate about 1/2 of what I'd made :)

Vanilla Granola
 
1 1/2 c. coconut
3/4 c. wheat germ
4 c old fashioned oats
1 c sliced almonds or walnuts
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c vegetable oil or coconut oil
1/4 c honey
1/4 c maple syrup
4 tsp vanilla (this seems like a lot, but it's perfect!)

Preheat oven to 300*.
Lightly grease a large cookie sheet.
Mix coconut, wheat germ, oats, almonds, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.

In a saucepan combine oil, honey, and maple syrup.
Bring to a simmer, remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
Pour over oat mixture and stir well.
Spread onto the baking sheet.
Bake about 25-30 minutes (stirring half way through).
Let cool completely. 
Stores up to 2 weeks

It tastes so yummy stirred into yogurt or eaten like cereal with almond milk.

Comments

Popular Posts