A Hollywood Regency Era Bathroom

Caleb and I just got back from the most wonderful quiet beach vacation.
We needed a vacation.


On our way back home from Bethany Beach we stopped in at Caleb's granddad's house near DC. His Granddad has owned and lived in the house since it was built around 1959-1960 and while most of the decorating in the house is country/early American in style, one of the upstairs bathrooms is so chic I just had to share pictures of it with yall.
Granddad has lots of country decorating in the bathroom, but you can still get the gist of its original features and style.



The bathroom has lots of Hollywood Regency elements about it.
The bathroom was shared by Caleb's mom and her five sisters.
Would you not have just died to have such a chic and girly bathroom like this growing up?



I was totally coveting the vintage lucite and chrome floating shelf that sits over the sink.



There are three of these vintage gold tone French inspired towel bars.


It was so difficult to capture the pink and metallic silver wallpaper, but it it gorgeous and shimmery from all angles. It is original and in perfect condition.
I want.

 Granddad still has all kinds of vintage towels.
I love the vintage pink and white raised polka dot towels!
It probably seems creepy of me to take a picture of a towel...
I love the pattern, but mostly it AMAZES me that those vintage towels are still in great condition. I have towels from last year that show more wear than these vintage ones.


 I love the sink cabinet hardware.



The medicine cabinet mirror is gold rimmed with a pearly / metallic white in the center.

 Cute vintage vanity light fixture.


 I love the pink tile floors with the pink wallpaper, but I also LOVE how the crisp white edger tile contrasts against the pink.


A cute little bathroom with lots of style!


Caleb's granddad and me.
He is such a character yall!
I love him to death :)


Comments

Popular Posts