Words



I wanted to share two links with ya'll today.
Both of these posts really "spoke" to me recently.
Plus I woke up pondering the subject of words and how they affect us and those around us.
My sister-in-law (who happens to be one of my bestest friends!) posted all of these wise words on her blog.

Part 1 on Words

Here are some good Bible verses on the subject of words and the tongue...

"Do you see a man who is hasty in his words?
There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Proverbs 29:20

"When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.
 Proverbs 10:19

"There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts,but the tongue of the wise brings healing."
Proverbs 12:18

"Leave the presence of a fool,for there you do not meet words of knowledge."
Proverbs 14:7

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb,sweetness to the soul and health to the body."Proverbs 16:24

"So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things.
How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire!"
James 3:5

I'll leave you with one amazing way in which we can and ought to use our tongues for good:
"Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is
above every name,  so that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
"
Phillipians 2:9-11


I hope ya'll have a blessed Lord's Day.

Comments

  1. Those are very convicting verses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very convicting. All the passages in James have always hit me hard since my tongue could easily be called my biggest sin struggle...ever since I could talk even! But it's so good to see how the Lord can work in our hearts and help us to learn to master those sins which are peculiar to each of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts