A Perfect Autumn Picnic

Caleb and I spent a lovely fall day at The Peaks of Otter on Saturday.  I had no idea this place existed, or that it was less than 45 minutes from where we live. It was probably the most beautiful park I've ever been to. It was even prettier than any of the Virginia State Parks I've seen.
We had a beautiful 70 degree sunny day (although VERY windy) to enjoy the fall colors.

After we ate we drove a little bit up the road and went to the Johnson Orchards winery and apple farm where we bought some apples (for apple pie!) and a few bottles of wine.

It was fun to finally be able to use the picnic blanket that I'd sewn earlier this year, as well as our picnic basket that I'd recently stocked with cute cups, plates, etc.

We watched the deer go running right past us.

oh I love him!

The view from our picnic spot

 I made pressed sandwiches from a recipe I found on Martha Stewart.com



Comments

Popular Posts