Stone Houses

Caleb and I love our cute 1954 stone house.
The couple who built the home made it very traditional looking, except in quite a few places they added very 1950's details. The front door is ultra modern in style and doesn't suit the pretty rock on the house. The house is also covered in ugly metal awnings; even over the front door. Eventually we want to take them all down. Caleb brought me home a gorgeous wooden "Christian door" that he bought at ReStore for only $50. It still has a pretty old brass kick plate and a peep hole. I ordered some vintage brass hinges on ebay and pretty soon we'll switch out front doors. I think this will really give a whole new feel for the direction I'm trying to take the outside of the house in. Now I just need to find a nice vintage / antique brass door knocker.

Our house
Our house looks like cottage even though it's pretty big inside.
I love English style gardening and therefore, I would love to give the house a more traditional English cottage type look.


Anyways, I've been looking for inspiration pictures lately for stone houses.
I thought I'd share some of my favorites.

                                                                                                 Source: houzz.com via Pat on Pinterest



Source: dcpages.com via Janice on Pinterest































Comments

Popular Posts