a magazine rack makeover


I've been keeping a lookout for a vintage magazine rack to use in our green & gray guest room. I have tons and tons of magazine that I like to leave out for guests to flip through, but I hate just having them piled around. You know: a place for everything and everything in its' place :)

So yesterday at Goodwill I was very excited to find a 1960's era brass bamboo magazine holder.
The brass plate was really worn and icky. The Lord gave us GORGEOUS warm and sunny weather today (can you believe it's December?!) and so I grabbed a can of leftover gloss white spray paint and got to work . I paid $4.50 for the magazine rack and I'm so please with how it came out!

As soon as the paint hardens a bit more I'll fill it with all kinds of good reads.
A few months ago, my sister's in-laws (from Ireland) stayed with Caleb and me and were kind enough to bring me a few magazines from the UK that were all about the royal wedding and things that are popular over there. It was fun to look through them.

I hope yall are having a happy Friday.
Caleb took me to Waffle House for a sausage biscuit & gravy, so yall know I've had a good Friday :)

  Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts